Saturday Academy Parent Agreement
What is Saturday Academy?
- Students who missed days due to excused or unexcused absences may make up days voluntarily.
- Students assigned Saturday Academy as an alternative to suspension are required to attend. Failure to attend will result in further disciplinary action.
- To Academy runs on selected Saturdays from 8:00am till 12:00pm.
- A credentialed teacher teaches the Academy.
- Each Academy day a student attends clears one full day of absence.
- Students will be given a 5 minute break every hour.
How are students notified of Saturday Academy?
- Reminder phone calls home and written notices are provided to students required to attend.
- Students who wish to clear an absence will not receive a notice, but are welcome to attend.
- Students agree to be at the Library door by 8:00 am, be dressed appropriately, and stay until 12 pm.
- Students agree to bring books/classwork for study.
- If unable to attend a scheduled Academy day, the parent of the student agrees to notify the school. Please coordinate changes in advance with the office.
- If students become ill on the day of an assigned Saturday Academy, the parent agrees to call the school by 10:00 AM the following Monday.
- Any student arriving after 8:05 am for Saturday Academy will be marked absent.
- All school expectations are to be followed. The Teacher in charge may send students home at their discretion, student may receive further disciplinary action. Parents will be notified by the teacher if their student is dismissed due to behavior.
- Students are expected to remain productive throughout the four-hour Academy. Sleeping, socializing, listening to electronic media, using cell phones and playing video games is not permitted.
We have read all sections of this agreement and agree that any failure to comply with the terms of this agreement will result in not clearing absences and appropriate consequences including suspension. Sign and return to the office.
Student Signature ______________________________________ Date_____________
Parent/Guardian Signature ______________________________ Date____________